Everybody likes to complain about how divided the country is. Consider the irony: those who bleat most loudly about our divisive politics also mouth the “diversity is our strength” bromide. Diversity is, by its very nature, divisive. Diversity isn’t strength. Unity is strength: political, cultural, and moral unity. Shared ethics. A nation isn’t strong when its population consists of different skin colors, cultures, and genders; it’s strong when its population shares a unity of purpose, mores, and love of country. The United States no longer has that strength. The diversity that our progressive betters demand that we cherish includes loathing of America’s Constitutional system of governance, its founding, its people, its bedrock principles, and its standing in the world as an economic and military titan. Their raison d’être is acting on that loathing. That’s the diversity you must embrace. Their hatred of this country is more valid than your patriotism: accept this or be destroyed.
Where this leads us is the end of the benefit of the doubt. Every last ugly thing you’ve suspected has proved true over the last several years, barring stupid conspiracy theories like 9/11 Trutherism or Russians stealing the 2016 presidential election:
- Progressives have a problem with Jews and Israel. It’s called anti-Semitism. We’ve suspected this for decades. Now they’ve proved it.
- There is a shadow government (the Deep State) that has far too much influence on daily events than any unelected group should.
- Progressives would rather murder babies both inside and outside of the womb than jeopardize a single vote from one of their prime interest groups: abortion enthusiasts.
- Hollywood doesn’t just possess different values from ours. They seek to impose their corrosive values upon us through their near-monopoly on television/movie entertainment.
- Federal law enforcement is corrupt in its leadership. The fish rots from the head down.
- The vast majority of the news media exists to push progressive ideas, not report the news.
- The university system is a corrupt institution that focuses on indoctrination over education.
- We have a two-tiered justice system that plays favorites, and not just rich over poor.
- The Republican party prefers talk over action. They’re weak and spineless and lacking in character, even the good ones.
- Both political parties favor open borders for different reasons. They will be shielded from the consequences of their policies. You won’t.
- Every last talking head on television, in print, and online is full of shit 99% of the time. Including me.
So now that we live at the End of the Benefit of the Doubt, what do we do?
Stop thinking about revenge. Or payback. Or how your favorite politician is going to stick it to Hillary or Mueller or anyone else. It’s not going to happen and unless you’ve been personally wronged by all the stupid bullshit going on in Washington D.C., your anger is misplaced. Don’t put your faith in politicians, even so-called outsiders. They’re all bad. All of them. They think they can run your life better than you can, even those who claim that they want to leave you alone. If you want to be angry, get mad at yourself: you believed in things that the evidence of your senses (including common sense) told you was untrue. I’m all for tribalism, and I rejoice in owning the other side as much as anyone. But social media battles won’t win the war. James Gunn is still making movies. Pete Davidson is still fucking Kate Beckinsale. These things don’t impact your life. Either laugh or get angry. Then get past it and move on.
If you want to do something about the End of the Benefit of the Doubt, live your life recognizing, in the present, how corrupt America’s institutions have become. Take nothing for granted. And, as uncomfortable as it is, you have to push back. You have to ask difficult questions, because growth comes from discomfort, not ease. We’ve lived lives of ease for too long, and it’s made us soft. Me included. During our decades-long vacation we let lunatics who believe that there are dozens of genders run our schools and make cartoons for our kids to watch. And we did it because we didn’t question the received wisdom. Diversity isn’t our strength. Tolerance of bad ideas isn’t a virtue. We are not a nation of immigrants; we’re a nation of citizens.
Push back. There are more of us than there are of them. Our leaders, such as they are, in Washington, Hollywood, the news media, and education need to be told that they’re on the fringe, not the mainstream. Question them, kick them out, humiliate them, and, when possible, reject them. They’re the enemy. They show you that every day. Why not believe them?