On the heels of the successful, controversial short story anthology Appalling Stories: 13 Tales of Social Injustice, our publisher Obsidian Point is producing a sequel!
Appalling Stories thrilled readers with ripped-from-the-headlines tales of fiction ranging from satire to horror to science fiction and more. But the story’s not over yet: there are a lot more tales to tell, and if you’re a writer who’s concerned about left-wing agitprop masquerading as literature, you’re not alone. We’re looking for stories that amaze, excite, amuse, and most of all, entertain. The kind of stories we used to read before the leftist stranglehold on publishing squeezed out story in favor of propaganda. The kind of stories that use social issues as the setting, not the plot. The kind of stories that will send Social Justice Warriors screaming for their safe spaces.
We’re looking for complete narratives, not poetry, and no subject is too controversial to write about. If you’ve got a story you’ve just been aching to tell, but can’t find an outlet that’ll take it, this anthology might be right up your alley! (So to speak.) Here are the details:
- Word count: 2,000 to 10,000 words. No flash fiction, novellas, or novelettes.
- Payment: $30.00 per story. Please set up a Paypal account if you haven’t got one already.
- Submission: One story per writer. It cannot have been previously published in any medium, including your blog, Patreon, author site, etc.
- Deadline: September 1, 2018.
- Format: Anything that can be opened with Microsoft Word.
- Theme: We’re looking for stories that use social issues as the setting, not the plot. Rip it from the headlines. Make it relevant to how we live in the 21st century. Read Appalling Stories if you’re not clear on the theme. Take advantage of Amazon’s “Look Inside” feature on the product page.
- Genre: Any. Just remember that we’re looking for old-school stories with clear, consistent narratives. Make us laugh, make us gasp, make us vomit if you have to, but whatever you do, don’t preach. Send us the kind of story you’d want to read.
Send in your submission by September 1, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Appalling 2 Submission”.